Town of Grafton
Drummey Rosane Anderson Architects
This project was the addition and renovation to the Grafton Public Library, originally constructed in 1927. The scope of work was to demolish 3,390 square feet of existing space, leaving 4,100 square feet of the original historic building. The addition/expansion provides an additional 22,597 square feet of new space for library services. This new space offers offers private offices and workspaces for library staff; stack and reading spaces for children, young adults, and adults; reservable meeting rooms; a program space with a prep kitchen for the general public, as well as one for children; a book sorting room with sorting conveyor equipment; a small coffee area; public computers; self-checkout kiosks; a roof-top patio; and gaming rooms. Site improvements included expanded parking; plantings; site lighting; and on-grade patio.